NCLEX practice Books
But here you are still clueless on how to choose which NCLEX-RN review books can best help you achieve the life-long dream of passing the NCLEX-RN Examination.
What type of NCLEX-RN review book is best for you?
There are basically three styles of NCLEX review: The Content Review, The Strategy Review and The Q&A Review. You first need to know which one would be best for you.
The Content Review means you need to focus on re-learning everything that you have learned (and forgotten) over the years. You have to review all the nursing topics one by one, and be able to remember them even whilst answering practice test questions. The Saunder’s Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination book is a really good content review book.
Related Article: How To Pass the NCLEX-RN On First Try – The Only 5 Tips Every Nurse Must Know
The Strategy Review focuses more on tips and test-taking strategies. If you think you already know a lot of content on nursing topics, you can focus more on eliminating choices and answering test questions. The Kaplan’s NCLEX Strategies, Practice and Review book will be a big help for you!
The Q&A Review style, as the name implies, focuses more on answering practice test questions. The Lippincott’s Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN with CD-ROM and Saunder’s Q&A Review for NCLEX are two really good Q&A review books.
Here’s a complete list of the ten best NCLEX-RN review books we highly recommend:
1. HESI NCLEX ReviewThis book presents Nursing topics in an outline form, and the facts stated here are really good and straight-to-the-point. Although it does not offer a lot of tips and strategies, this book will still help you review essential information you might have forgotten over the years.
Our Verdict: I will give this book two stars, as it is highly recommended for those who have confident test-taking abilities and those who prefer easy-to-read review books.
2. NCLEX Exam CramThis book has almost everything you need to know to pass the NCLEX. It discusses one nursing topic at a time and even has over 400 NCLEX practice questions.
Our Verdict: This book gets three stars for having a good combination of content review and practice questions all in one quick and mobile study guide.
3. NCLEX-RN Review: Keeping it Real! Simplified (E-Book)This one is exclusively available as an e-book. All the topics are well-organized and can be easily accessed. It also provides challenging and realistic practice test questions.
Our Verdict: This review e-book provides a new approach to nursing review and deserves three golden stars!
4. Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Content Review GuideThis review guide offers an overview of different Nursing topics. It is like a quick refresher guide on NCLEX-RN topics that have been taught to you before.
Our Verdict: It deserves three stars because of the really good content it offers!
5. Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment Study GuideA strong performance in the exam depends on how well you know your content. This book will help you re-learn prioritization and management of care, which covers about a fifth of the NCLEX-RN exam.
Our Verdict: It deserves three stars as it also offers focused content review, case studies and challenging practice test questions.
6. Saunder’s Q&A Review for NCLEXThis review book has over 5000 practice questions and rationales. This is a great book if you already know the content well and want to be able to practice answering test questions.
Our Verdict: I will give this book four stars for its efficiency and really good content.
7. Kaplan’s NCLEX Strategies, Practice and ReviewThis book focuses more on the test-taking strategies than the content. So, if you are confident enough to take the NCLEX, but just need a few more tips before you are ready to go, this book is definitely for you.
Our Verdict: It gets four stars for having a lot of practice questions and for the really amazing and helpful strategies.
8. Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Premier 2014-2015Offering a lot of strategies on taking the NCLEX-RN exam, this book is excellent for those who prefer detailed explanations for all the answers to hundreds of practice questions.
Our Verdict: It also includes tips for taking the test after previously failing it, a guide for international nurses and a quick guide on becoming licensed. Four stars for this one!
9. Saunder’s Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN ExaminationThis is the book for you if you feel like you have forgotten everything you have learned in school and must re-learn everything. It comes with a CD-ROM that offers additional audio and video questions simulating the actual test format. This is definitely for the more serious ones. You are reading this article, so you must be quite serious.
Our Verdict: This book gets five stars because it has all the nursing topics you need to know and has a lot of test questions for you to be able to practice.
10. Lippincott’s Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN with CD-ROMThis book is packed with a lot of practice test questions. The CD-ROM alone contains 1, 300 questions of this guide’s total of 6, 500 practice test questions. Need I say more?
Our Verdict: Definitely a five-star worthy complete package review book every future NCLEX-RN test-taker needs!
You might also like
Construction Documents and Service (CDS) ARE Mock Exam (Architect Registration Exam): ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic Vignettes, Solutions and Explanations
Book (ArchiteG, Incorporated)
Architect Registration Examination ARE 4.0 ExamFOCUS Study Notes & Review Questions 2014: Focusing on the CODES & REGULATIONS / MATERIALS & TECHNOLOGY ... Design & Construction Systems division
Book (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)